The Silvia Sagarra Food Intolerance Test
Score each question with: never(0); seldom(1); occasionally(2); often(3); mostly(4)
1. I need a cup of coffee (or similar) in the morning, or as a boost during the day.
2. I crave cakes, pastries, cookies, pasta or carbohydrates.
3. I find it difficult to fall asleep or I wake up in the night with anxiety and find it difficult to fall back to sleep.
4. I have mood swings and can take out my irritation on my family or work colleagues.
5. I lose energy by mid-morning or mid-afternoon and feel a need to eat to boost my energy levels.
6. My daily routine, and all my important tasks, consume all my energy.
7. I struggle to concentrate for long periods of time, in meetings or during conversations, or can't remember as well as I used to.
8. I can feel full after a meal but quickly feel hungry again and crave more of the same meal that I have just eaten.
9. I struggle with skin rashes, acne, rosacea, or blotchy skin despite using expensive creams.
10. The joints in my fingers/hands/knees/hips, or other joints, are swollen and can hurt or ache with movement.
11. Even though I don't have other cold or flu symptoms, I have sinus problems or a sore throat.
12. After eating, I feel bloated, gaseous, or have other uncomfortable sensations.
13. I struggle with indigestion, heartburn, reflux, burping or bad breath.
14. My bowel movements are irregular, less than once a day, or can be painful/ difficult.
15. I suffer with constipation and/or diarhea.
16. The smell of plug-in room scents, perfumes, scented candles or detergents bother me.
17. I have headaches or migraines and usually need to take medication to alleviate them.
18. My tongue feels furry or has a white or yellow surface.
19. Although I control the quality and quantity of the food I eat, I can't lose weight.
20. My social life suffers because I'm too tired to enjoy my favorite activities.
If you have any of the aforementioned symptoms on a very regular basis please do not just dismiss it, accept it, put it down to age, or just label it as something you have inherited –
THIS IS NOT NORMAL AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS ANY MORE!
All the above symptoms have been resolved
through food and lifestyle changes!
So, how was your total score?
0 - 4 You are marvelous!
5 – 14 Look into balancing your life a little by reducing stress through breathing
meditation or yoga, increase your sleep by an hour,
and CHEW, CHEW, CHEW your food!
15 - 19 There is definitely food intolerance there. Look into your diet first.
20+ Please ask for help with a naturopath, holistic doctor or ask about availability
for a personal Skype consultation or Hangouts with Silvia Sagarra via email at